Baccarat is a game most people do not play in a casino as the players do not interact with the card. But once they understand the intricacies of the game, they love playing it. This game is also known by it’s Hispanic name “Banco y Punto”.
As a basic, the game is between 2 hands, the dealer or the “banco” and the receiver or the “punto”. The objective of the game is to select who will have a better hand with 9 as the best card. In some cases the bettors will bet for a “standoff” or an even game.
All the face cards (Jacks, Queens, and Kings) and the tens are considered as zeroes, the Ace is counted one and all the other cards are counted based on their numeric values (2 to 9). The hand value is based on the addition of all the 2 or 3 cards dealt after dropping the tens digit. As an example; if the total hand value is 24, then the set’s value is only 4.
The dealer is the one distributing the normally six or eight deck card and gives it to the receiver. Any player can be the dealer and this is normally passed around. Before the cards are dealt, the bettors place their bets for the player or receiver to win, or a tie. Both players receive two cards each. The hand value will determine if they will be able to receive a third card. It is not necessary for the players to really understand and practice the third card rules as the dealing of the third card is based on compulsory rules.
- When the 2 card hand value is 8 or 9 for either 바카라 the dealer or the receiver, no third card will be given. This is termed as “natural”. If both hands are a “natural” they will have to rely on their 2 cards only to determine winner.
- When the receivers 2 card value is 6 or 7, no third card will be given to the player. This is termed as a “stand”. The receiver will always be given first the third card. The “punto” will receive this card when the 2 card hand is 5 or less.
- When the dealer’s hand value is 2 or less, a third card will be given. The dealer will also be given a third card if the 2 card value is 3 unless the receiver’s 3 card hand is 8. A third card will also be given to the dealer with a two hand card of 4 if the receiver’s hand is between 2 to 7.
- The dealer will also be required to draw a third card when the hand is 5 if the receiver’s 3 card hand is between 3 to 7.
- When the receiver’s 3 card hand is 6 or 7, the dealer will be given a third card if the hand is only 6.
- The dealer stays when the 2 card hand is 7.